The VELscope Vx helps us identify oral disease early, while it’s still easy to treat. One of the VELscope’s most important tasks is to help locate areas that might, if not treated, progress to oral cancer. Ask us about a VELscope Vx exam!
#oralhealth #velscope #etobicokedentist #etobicokedental#torontodental #torontodentist #torontohygienist #cleanteeth#mimicocreek #mysticpointe #humberbayshores #humberbay#lakeshore #parklawn #dentist #dental #mimico #mimicocreek #mysticpointedental #parklawndentist #lakeshoredentist#queenswaydental #torontodentalclinic #oralhygiene #invisalign#teethwhitening #toothbrush #toothpaste #floss #invisalign #whitening #fillings
1. Eat candy with meals. Saliva is produced while eating and it will reduce the amount of sugar that remains on your teeth.
2. Decide on which candy to eat. Candies that are worse for your teeth include:
-Sour ones, which contain acids.
-Chewy ones, that stick to your teeth.
-Hard candies, which stay in contact with your teeth and/or may chip or break your teeth.
3. Rinse your mouth after eating candy. Brushing and rinsing your mouth after eating candy helps remove the sugar residue.
4. Schedule a checkup with us. This is the perfect time to come in for a cleaning!
Question: Are dental implants right for me?
Answer: Replacing one or more teeth with implants can help restore your smile. Acting like your natural tooth roots, dental implants are a successful, durable method of tooth replacement and no one can tell the difference. Ask us for the modern solution that is right for you! #oralhealth #etobicokedentist #etobicokedental #torontodental #torontodentist #toronto hygienist #cleanteeth #mimicocreek #mysticpointe #humberbayshores #humberbay #lakeshore #parklawn #dentist #dental #mimico #mimicocreek #mysticpointedental #parklawndentist #lakeshoredentist #queenswaydental #torontodentalclinic #oralhygiene #invisalign #teethwhitening #toothbrush #toothpaste #floss #invisalign #whitening #fillings
We offer Invisalign treatment for our patients. Invsalign straightens teeth using clear aligners. These clear aligners gently move teeth over a period of time. Patients wear aligners for almost 22 hours a day. They take them out to eat or drink something. Length of treatment is different for everyone. Book your consult to find out if the treatment is right for you. Our dental office is conveniently located in South Etobicoke near Lakeshore and Parklawn road.
As per patient request, we are OPEN: December 27th to December 31st; Monday to Wednesday 10-7pm, Thursday 10-5pm, Friday 8-3, and Saturday from 8-1pm for Dental Cleanings, Dental Treatment and Emergencies
#dentistinetobicoke #dentistintoronto #dentalimplantsintoronto#dentalimplantsinetobicoke #invisalignintoronto #invisaligninetobicoke#teethwhiteningintoronto #teethwhiteninginetobicoke#childrensdentistintoronto #childrensdentistinetobicoke #dentisttoronto#dentistetobicoke
We recently had questions regarding the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services removing flossing as a recommended practice due to weak unreliable research.
What about Flossing and your Dentist in Etobicoke ?
- When sugar is not cleaned off your teeth, the bacteria feeds on it and producing an acidic environment, with this combination and food pieces’ plaque is formed and a sticky coating begins to form on the teeth, the acid wears away the enamel and continues to erode the tooth
- We know plaque hardens in 90 days, that can cause gingivitis and or even periodontal disease
- Tooth brushing cleans all ‘exposed parts of your teeth’, but what about in between the teeth?
- Bacteria harboured in between the teeth, can cause decay not only to the surface of one tooth, but if its left there long enough it effects the neighboring tooth as well
- Heard a Dentist say, we will ‘’watch that tooth, floss it daily’’ well if the cavity is in its early stages, it does not always need be filled, as the process can be reversed if cared for adequately
- Our Practice, continues to recommend interdental aids unique to our patient’s oral cavity and their oral self care habits; this may include regular floss, interdental brushes, air flosser or water picks
- A variety of products are available to patients and it can often be confusing, speak to your Dental Hygienist on what Oral Self Care Routine is suitable for you
- Yes, and all our staff agree, we love electric toothbrushes but if done properly and adequately regular toothbrushes may be recommended
Years ago, hand instrumentation was the best way to clean teeth, but with changes in the dental hygiene profession there is new technology available to patients.
Most periodontal experts agree that the best results for non-surgical therapy are achieved by combining the use of power ultrasonic scalers and hand instruments.
We love what we do and this includes maintenance of our equipment and replacing instruments periodically to ensure quality of care.
Your Dental Hygienist in Etobicoke is a source of knowledge for Your Oral Health, know what your Dental Office is providing and what they are doing to keep up on your Oral Care Treatment.