We would like to encourage everyone to donate generously to Red Cross to help evacuees in Alberta’s Beast fire. We have done our part, hopefully we can motivate more people to do the same.
We are always ready for Change. Save yourself the Time and Paper with New Patient Forms Online. Call Us at 416-255-9995 and we will tell you how.
Why do I have to come in every 3-4 months for a cleaning? I use to go every 9 months at my old office.
* Our Hygienists have recently been asked this question, and we have been quite surprised
* We recommend 3-4 month cleaning appointments along with good oral self care habits for patients with active periodontal disease
* 6 month cleaning appointments are common for children and for patients with relatively healthy gums
* Soft plaque hardens in 90 days, and with 9 month cleaning appointments it can further damage the tissues
* 9 month recall exams are commonly covered under insurance plans, this is when a dentist examines the gums
* This should not be confused with the recommended treatment plan for a patient for their cleanings
* Please ask your Dental Hygienist for your recommended appointment schedule and why and speak to the dentist if anything needs to be addressed right away
Smoking and its Effect on your Oral Cavity
* It is a significant risk factor of gum disease
* The chemicals found in tobacco, reduces blood flow to the mouth, preventing nutrition and oxygen needed for the gums to stay healthy, making them more susceptible to infections
* Risks include: periodontal disease, bad breath, hairy tongue, oral cancer, mouth sores, delayed wound healing, increase in build up, altered taste, cavities, and many other risks
* Speak to your Dental Hygienist in Etobicoke at Your Next Visit and See the Side Effects from Smoking
For Our Morning Bird Patients, We Now Have Cleaning Appointments Available from Monday to Thursday 9am, Friday and Saturday 8am!
* Patients with Diabetes are more likely to have periodontal disease because they are more susceptible to infections
* Periodontal disease can also adversely affect those with diabetes as it is in an infection that can cause blood sugar levels to rise
* Research also suggests that those with periodontal disease are at increased risk for heart disease; the inflammation in the mouth may cause inflammation in other parts of the body as it tries to fight off the bacteria
* Osteoporosis may lead to tooth loss, as the bone surrounding the tooth weakens
* Bacteria found in the mouth can also be aspirated into the lungs causing pneumonia
* Research has also indicated that patients with periodontal disease are also at greater risk for kidney, pancreatic, and blood cancer
* Good oral self care at home, with 3-4 month cleaning appointments are normally recommended
* It’s important to speak to a Dental Professional about the right oral self care solution for you
Looking forward to Creating Mimico Creek Dental. Dr Mangat’s Dream Project has been Inspired by his Love for Technology, Lighting, and Design. He has been working hard for the last 2 years putting together an Office that is Modern, Inspirational, and Comfortable. We look forward to Servicing Our Patients with Dentists in Etobicoke!
Five years ago, Dr Mangat started Mystic Pointe Dental with the dream of providing dental care to patients the way he would treat his own family. We would like to thank our Patients in Trusting Us with their dental care and look forward to adapting to changes in our field and making our Patients experience memorable. Thank you to Our Staff for sharing in Dr Mangat’s Dreams. We look forward to serving Our Patients for years to come.