The VELscope Vx helps us identify oral disease early, while it’s still easy to treat. One of the VELscope’s most important tasks is to help locate areas that might, if not treated, progress to oral cancer. Ask us about a VELscope Vx exam!
#oralhealth #velscope #etobicokedentist #etobicokedental#torontodental #torontodentist #torontohygienist #cleanteeth#mimicocreek #mysticpointe #humberbayshores #humberbay#lakeshore #parklawn #dentist #dental #mimico #mimicocreek #mysticpointedental #parklawndentist #lakeshoredentist#queenswaydental #torontodentalclinic #oralhygiene #invisalign#teethwhitening #toothbrush #toothpaste #floss #invisalign #whitening #fillings
1. Eat candy with meals. Saliva is produced while eating and it will reduce the amount of sugar that remains on your teeth.
2. Decide on which candy to eat. Candies that are worse for your teeth include:
-Sour ones, which contain acids.
-Chewy ones, that stick to your teeth.
-Hard candies, which stay in contact with your teeth and/or may chip or break your teeth.
3. Rinse your mouth after eating candy. Brushing and rinsing your mouth after eating candy helps remove the sugar residue.
4. Schedule a checkup with us. This is the perfect time to come in for a cleaning!
We recently had questions regarding the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services removing flossing as a recommended practice due to weak unreliable research.
What about Flossing and your Dentist in Etobicoke ?
- When sugar is not cleaned off your teeth, the bacteria feeds on it and producing an acidic environment, with this combination and food pieces’ plaque is formed and a sticky coating begins to form on the teeth, the acid wears away the enamel and continues to erode the tooth
- We know plaque hardens in 90 days, that can cause gingivitis and or even periodontal disease
- Tooth brushing cleans all ‘exposed parts of your teeth’, but what about in between the teeth?
- Bacteria harboured in between the teeth, can cause decay not only to the surface of one tooth, but if its left there long enough it effects the neighboring tooth as well
- Heard a Dentist say, we will ‘’watch that tooth, floss it daily’’ well if the cavity is in its early stages, it does not always need be filled, as the process can be reversed if cared for adequately
- Our Practice, continues to recommend interdental aids unique to our patient’s oral cavity and their oral self care habits; this may include regular floss, interdental brushes, air flosser or water picks
- A variety of products are available to patients and it can often be confusing, speak to your Dental Hygienist on what Oral Self Care Routine is suitable for you
- Yes, and all our staff agree, we love electric toothbrushes but if done properly and adequately regular toothbrushes may be recommended